Monday, April 13, 2009

The first award goes to...

Stress relief?
It was recommended to me to take long walks with my dog after an intense day at work. On most days this works out great but not lately. For the past few weeks I have watched a man on a motorcycle in a field run his dog back and fourth about 100 yards away from the motorcycle. On two occasions I have seen the dog run in to on coming traffic and narrowly escape a crushing death. Last night was the third occasion and it did not escape.
The dog ran into traffic and was struck by a car. The driver stopped to help and I ran up to the dog. The owner came outside and starting yelling at the man who hit his dog. I tried numerous times to get the man to get the dog to an emergency vet but he wanted to argue with the driver. At one point I realized the dog had passed on. I tried to explain this to the man but he suddenly became concerned over my credentials. I explained what I did for a living, showed him the dog’s heart had stopped, showed him the blood out of the dogs mouth and some other details that I will not describe. He then began yelling that know one would help him. Again the driver, myself and other people in the area tried to get him to understand what was going on. Two of us offered to take him to the vet. By this time the dog was 100% deceased.
Bottom line, if the man had walked his dog on a leash and not allowed him to run in traffic this dog would still be alive. Accidents happen, but this dog was always destined to get hit because the owner let the dog run in the street all the time. Therefore, I grant him the first “Idiot Award” of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment