Monday, April 12, 2010

Texas Rat Snake




I was talking to my brother about snakes over the weekend, when he told me he has never seen a Texas Rat Snake. He does not live in Texas. I come across the snakes all the time in the spring and as luck would have it I found this one today. Granted, it is somewhat larger than most of the ones I find. I took theses pictures when I was releasing it back out into the wild.

I did everything I could to educate the person where I picked up the snake that it was not a Rattlesnake, but he never believed me. I even held the snake and showed him it moved like a Rattler but it does not have a rattle. He never changed his mind though.






This one is blurred because I was quickly moving away from him. He was tired of me messing with him and became camera aggressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment