Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Never Know What the Day Will Bring



It was ten minutes before shift change and today is Wednesday but for me it is my work Friday. I received a report of loose bull in a residential area. Sure enough I found the bull near a house. I got out of the truck and as luck would have it, the bull charged me. I did not know I could react as fast as I did to jump in my truck and slam the door. The bull stopped about a foot from the window, looked at me, turned and started running up the street. I followed the bull in my truck to this ranch house and stayed in my truck this time. After about twenty minutes 7 ranch hands came to the location and we round up the bull. Oh the joys of the job sometimes. Time to go home and change my pants.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I've been chased by a Longhorn, that is one scary picture in your brain as you dive for cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the cattle are tame around here. Not sure what was up with this one. Usually I get them back with out a problem.
    However last year I had one that went over the fence and myself and a ranch hand had to get under my truck.

    ReplyDelete