Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Greatest of Watermelons

Seriously, I could not make this up if I tried. In my job, I deal with the public and have learned to build up some immunity to stupid people. I was not prepared for this one.

I get off early on Wednesday and usually try to go to the grocery store. Yesterday was no exception, but it turned into an odd experience.

I was in the frozen food area deciding if I really needed to get some more Blue Bell Ice Cream, standing away from my cart. The cart was off to the side as to not block the center. A man walked by and walked straight into the cart. He turned and looked at me and gave me the evil eye. Then he just stood staring at me. I know I must have had the most puzzled look on my face and then he walked away.

I proceeded to shop when I noticed him following me around. I stopped this time and asked him if I could help him with something. Again, he just stared at me. This time I waited for him to walk away. As I continued to shop I would notice him around every few minutes and finally I looked at him and could not help but start laughing. This time he huffed at me and walked away.

When I got out to the parking lot, he was loading his groceries two cars away from mine. This was not a kid but a man around 40 and should be somewhat mature but not this guy. Now I am really starting to get concerned. Although it is legal to carry a concealed gun with a license in Texas, I do not carry. Just for the record, I am not anti gun and the issue of why can be another blog sometime for me.

The male ego in me really wanted to get into with him, however I showed restraint. I did not walk to my car but acted like I was on the phone. What is even worse about this is my phone broke so I have my sim card in my sister in-law’s old phone until I go get a new one. The phone is pink. So now, I am in the middle of the parking lot pretending to talk on a hot pink phone with some crazy person watching me.

IMG_1221

I watched him closely because I wondered if he would pull a weapon from the car or try to run me over. As I was watching him, he looked up, got in his car, floored the gas and screeched his tires as he left the parking lot away from me.

Confused, I started walking to my truck when I noticed something. In his cart left behind was a Thumping Good Seedless Watermelon he forgot to put in his car. Again, I could not help but laugh.

IMG_1219IMG_1218

The sweetest watermelon I have ever eaten.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! That's hilarious!

    Now you just have to drop that watermelon off the balcony onto the heads of the prigs that live downstairs and you'll complete the "circle of justice" :)

    ReplyDelete