Sunday, August 30, 2009

Oh come on


At first I thought this was a joke, it is not. For One hundred and ten dollars this company will take care of your pets should the rapture occur within ten years of signing the contract. We all have different beliefs and I respect that but people, please, please save your money. I don't believe in the rapture, but I understand how one can worry about a pet. I am Catholic and I respect other peoples systems of belief but this is just another example of someone taking advantage of someone with strong faith. If you believe in God I would assume one could have enough faith to believe God will take care of all of His creations.

"Not one sparrow … can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't worry! You are more valuable to him than many sparrows" (Jesus in Matthew 10:29-31





From the sites FAQ's
Q: When the Rapture occurs, how long before my pet is rescued?
A: The timing is contingent on the number of subscribers we have in each state/region and travel distance. Our rescuers know that this is a time sensitive service. Pets' lives are at stake. We will limit the number of subscribers in each zone so that any given rescuer will not be over burdened. Naturally, we must anticipate that there will be widespread chaos and confusion immediately following the Rapture that could impact travel times. Thus, we are targeting a maximum of between 18- 24 hours from realization of the Rapture, to animal rescue.

1 comment:

  1. So they've made sure that their staff are all unrepentant sinners... so that they'll still be around to take care of Fluffy and Fido after Elvis leaves the building?

    Is there any wonder that I'm not religious?

    ReplyDelete