Friday, August 28, 2009

Hooray Hatch Green Chili

The time of year is here to re-stock on Hatch Chilies. I have no idea why Hatch Peppers from New Mexico are the best tasting but they are. Last year I only bought a few, this year I got a case and a half roasted to hopefully last the year. They come in hot and mild, I like the hot.

IMG_1231 by you.

I like to cook but I don't do it often. I just find it hard to cook for one so don't take the time to do it. However, I could not help it and had to make up some sauce, salsa and chili rellenos.

The sauce is made of onion, flour, garlic, hot hatch peppers, chicken broth and salt.

IMG_1228 by you.
All you need to make great salsa is what is pictured below and water. Stew in a pot for about 30 minutes. Strain the solids and put in a blender. Add about half of the left over liquid and lime juice and blend again. Salt to taste. Chill for at least an hour, over night if possible.

IMG_1238 by you.


Stuff the peppers with cheese


IMG_1233 by you.
IMG_1229

Batter them up with a corn meal blend and fry.

IMG_1236 by you.
,
Add the sauce, cheese chips, tortillas and enjoy.

IMG_1241 by you.

5 comments:

  1. That looks really good! You and I should open a restaurant... but everyone would be suspicious of where we got the meat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I guess road kill dinner will not work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmmm, that looks yummy! I think you two should open a strictly vegetarian restaurant, for the obvious reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bunni, vegetarian may be the only way to get customers.

    ReplyDelete